- 20-Feb-2014 to 21-Mar-2014 (EST)
- Berkeley , CA, USA
- Full Time
Position: Front Desk Attendant
Supervisor: Front Office Supervisor / Front Office Manager
Department: Front Office FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary To assist guests with any needs or questions that arise during check-in and checkout.
* Welcomes guests, solves minor problems, and ensures guests have a great stay.
* Enters data into computer, including some minor accounting functions.
* Registers guests in and out of the conference center. Establishes and secures proper guest credit. Handles any billing questions and inquiries.
* Solves guest-related problems within scope of authority.
* Answers and directs all incoming calls and in-house calls received on the main switchboard console promptly and efficiently. Takes messages as required and delivers accordingly.
* Makes hospitality calls for new arrivals nightly.
* Performs all accounting duties including posting charges, account settlements, and shift closing.
* Maintains the front lobby area, ensuring cleanliness at all times.
* Coordinates guest recreation as needed. Assists Conference Planning staff as needed.
* Maintains accurate daily event information. Maintains daily posting of event sheet.
* Maintains supply of informational brochures, flyers, and maps.
* Maintains current knowledge of events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping, or word processing. May have need for good communication skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of less than six months job-related experience.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required
Shifts: Must be able to work weekends, holidays & evenings. Shifts will rotate
External and Internal Personal Contact
Daily: Verbal and Written
Monthly: Participating in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Stress Load:Regular exposure to stresses.
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
Manual Skills: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Physical Effort:Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
Physical Environment: Generally free from exposure to dirt, odors, noise, temperature / weather extremes, or unlevel, slippery, or unstable working surfaces.
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
Occupational Risks: Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
Ergonomics Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Gemstone Hotels & Resorts.
Required Travel: Position does not require travel to other Gemstone Hotels & Resorts properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings