- 31-Dec-2012 to 28-Feb-2013 (EST)
- Berkeley, CA, USA
- Full Time
Benefits included for FT, Year Round employees
FT Sales & Marketing Coordinator needed for Hotel Durant in Berkeley, CA. This position will selectively sell all markets to maximize rooms and food and beverage revenue focusing on groups of 15 rooms on peak and under as well as sell all catering business. This role is also responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of group business turned over by the Sales Manager and/or Director of Sales. This position monitors all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food & beverage and special concessions. This position manages marketing initiatives to include development and implementation of media plans; electronic email marketing database and campaigns; and create and manage collateral for use in branding and selling of the property. This is considered to be an Entry Level sales manager position that offers accomplished individuals an opportunity to grow within this opportunity or the sales community.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. High school graduate, some college.
4. Previous hotel experience.
5. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
6. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. One to two years previous hotel and food and beverage experience.
2. Computer knowledge in Windows environment and previous experience with automated property management system.
Essential Physical Abilities:
• Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
• Repetitive hand motion (typing) for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answers all incoming calls to the sales/catering department, complete lead forms for all inquiries and assist guests with questions, changes and special requests.
• Responsible for effectively communicating to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group's needs while maintaining good client relationships.
• Details, prepares and initiates Banquet Event Orders to the client's specifications.
• Works with the hotel Revenue Manager and DOS to determine room's availability and agreed upon rates. Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Practice effective revenue/yield management to include wise negotiation and booking function space, focused solicitation during soft occupancy periods and effective rate and price negotiation.
• Consults with representatives of client group to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired, and food service schedule.
• Ensure no leads are abandoned and all calls are returned within four hours and requests are communicated to appropriate departments.
Maintain positive relationships with all guests/clients; knowledge of and implement procedures for giving special attention to VIP's, (i.e. Club level guest, group contact/coordinator, etc...).
• Work with Reservation Department's Group Coordinator to ensure proper management of group reservations.
• Keep filing updated/labeling new file folders
• Prepare special billing and establish credit if necessary
Code VIP arrivals
• Complete blocking of room requests, and/or special needs for group.
• Communicate with sales managers and front desk on status of group information (i.e. create folder for each group for tracking and information)
Keep an updated file on all upcoming groups
Create trace file and maintain on a daily basis
Keep credit card/cash deposits up to date
Assist in preparation for weekly department meetings
• Maintain a working knowledge of the sales and front desk areas.
• Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b. all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
c. all room rates, special packages and promotions.
d. room availability status for any given day.
e. scheduled daily group activities.
• Understand the credit policy of the hotel.
• Research new sources of business by using various media and community resources.
• Assist DOS on creative projects, such as proposals and special event invitations.
• Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communications with in the sales area.
• In the absence of the Sales Manager/DOS, conduct scheduled/walk-in sales/catering tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!